top of page


When two people marry in church they are inviting God to be present with them for the rest of their lives. We look forward to helping you make the best start to your married life by asking for God’s blessing and support. 

The laws governing who is eligible to get married in a particular church were changed in October 2008 so that there are more ways you can prove a qualifying connection.

You are eligible to marry at St Michael's, Broadway , St Eadburgha's, Broadway, St John's Wickhamford  or St Mary's Childswickham if:

a) You live in the parish. To check this click here and enter your postcode to find out which parish you live in.

b) You have attended church in Broadway or Wickhamford regularly for over 6 months and can therefore apply to be on the electoral roll

c) You were baptised or confirmed in the parish

d) Your parents or grand-parents were marriedin the parish church you wish to marry in 

e) You (or any of your parents during your lifetime) have lived within the parish for a  period of more than 6 months

f)  You or your parents have regularly worshipped within the parish ( at least once a month for 6 months)

For further details on how to arrange a wedding and for costs, please email us.

If you do not qualify under any of the above criteria, please contact the Vicar who will be able to advise you on possible ways forward.

Banns of marriage

If you are getting married in another Anglican church but live in our parish, you will need to have your "banns" read in St Michael's, Broadway or St John's, Wickhamford on three Sundays before your wedding (as well as the church in which you are getting married).  

We read banns on the first three Sundays of each month, in the month previous to the one in which you are getting married.  You are warmly invited to join us one Sunday to hear your banns being read but we do not require this! 

The cost is currently £41 (a fee set nationally by the Church of England).   

To arrange to have your banns read, please check you live in our parish (you can do that here) and then contact the Vicar who will be happy to help you.

bottom of page